Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence – CPL
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence
- On-site classes in Madrid (Cuatro Vientos) and Alicante (Mutxamel)
- Price: €59,000. Terms and conditions of the offer in force at the date of publication. (2023)
- Loss of class 1 medical certificate insurance
- Internationally renowned teaching staff
- Benchmark European training centre
- 750 hours of theory
- 111 hours of real flight training as the pilot
- Helicopters with the latest technology - Robinson 22
RequirementsThe following requirements must be met to enrol in the course:
- Have a secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Alternatively, you must pass a specific mathematics and physics exam
- Be at least 18 years old on the date of the exam
- Have an official Class I medical examination.
- Knowledge of English is recommended
- With PPL licence, credit for 50% of the hours as PPL, a maximum of 40 hours
SubjectsOur theoretical programme consists of 750 hours of theoretical classes:
Mass and centring
IncludedThe price of the course includes:
- An iPad as a study tool
- Books and didactic material for all theoretical classes
- Necessary flight material (plotter, flight computer, charts, headphones, flight bag)
- Initial medical examination and one renewal
- Fees for the theoretical exams and the flight exams (first try)
- Official exam for certification of aeronautical English proficiency (ICAO)
- All flying-related costs
- A 1-year subscription to Aviation Exam
The theoretical programme will consist of on-site classes taught at the European Flyers facilities by the same team of instructors that have helped the school reach the number-one position in the national ranking as well as be internationally recognised as a Training centre of reference in Europe.
The programme has three phases:
- Phase 1: students will learn all the basic knowledge necessary to be able to subsequently begin the practical phase.
- Phases 2 and 3: during each of these phases, several subjects will be studied, and at the end, the student will be ready to take the official exams. Students are required to pass all the official theoretical exams before taking the exams in the practical phase of the course.
The flight programme includes helicopter and/or synthetic flight trainer test hours. It is taught according to the programme planned by the Head Teacher (HT).
Training with the simulator reinforces what you learn in flight. You will learn how to fly helicopters with the cockpit instrumentation as your only reference, operating them as you should in real life.